Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cookies

While Grandma was here the kids decorated Christmas sugar cookies.  I have never made or decorated sugar cookies before.  After helping and observing, I now know why.  They are tons of work, messy and don't taste that great.  If I'm going to put forth the effort to make cookies they are going to be a cookie I or someone in my family enjoys eating.


If you look closely you'll notice the bite missing from Kellyn's cookie.  Several cookies were harmed in a similar manner during the process of decorating


Aric had the most fun decorating cookies and stuck it out with Grandma until all of the cookies were decorated.


Nothing says Christmas like neon food coloring.


Definitely not magazine quality decorating, but the kids had fun.  Hopefully they realize that mommy won't be doing this again and they will have to wait on Grandma to return before they'll get to decorate cookies again.

No comments: