Friday, April 23, 2010

Catching Up

I know I haven't been good at keeping up with things but I think I've had some fairly good excuses.  April has not been a good month and I for one will be glad to see it go.

This past Monday Aric came down with a fever and hives.  The hives left as quickly as they came, but the fever didn't.  After two trips to the doctor, the first one was on Monday and the last one was yesterday, we determined that he was getting better but then developed an ear infection.  Hopefully the antibiotics will treat it and he'll be my healthy, rambunctious little boy again.  Today I'm home with him and he seems to be acting a little better aside from the constant whining, which after a long, tiring week Mommy isn't putting up with.

The spring weather has been fabulous and we've spent many afternoons and evenings outside playing.





A recent addition to our family was this fantastic $35 buy:


I was so proud of myself when I found it and I definitely feel that we are already getting our money's worth out of it.  It is nice to be able to take the kids on a walk in the evening and it certainly calms Kellyn down.


Ryan's mom came up for a visit.  We had a little confusion with Aric trying to figure out what name to use for her.  Aric associates "Nana" with my mom and was quite confused when I said "Nana was here" and he saw Ryan's mom.  We finally decided Grandma is the best name for Ryan's mom.

While she was here, she and Ryan took the kids to visit their Great-Grandma.  I think they all had a good time.  Once Aric is well again, I plan on visiting Great-Grandma a little more frequently, especially since Aric was such a hit at the assisted living center.



Finally, we had to convert Aric's bed into a toddler bed.  Aric was climbing out of his crib and the pack n' play and we no longer felt they were safe.  It has been quite challenging to make him stay in bed when he's supposed to be, but hopefully it'll get better over time.  At least I know he won't be climbing out and risking a broken limb.

No comments: