Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thongs and Photo Shoots

Yesterday morning we were in town and since it was cold I took the kids to the mall to walk around inside for awhile.  While in the mall we stopped at the GAP, one of my favorite stores.  I pushed the stroller into the back corner to check out the sales rack for any good deals they might have.  It was a tight fit and we were in between the rack of sales clothing and a table displaying underwear.  I turned my head away too long, because when I looked back Aric was reaching out and pulling a stack of thongs off of the table.  Not realizing the extent of the mess he was creating, I pushed the stroller forward to allow me to pick up the stack of thongs he had just dumped on the floor.  Apparently while my back was turned he had attacked two other piles of thongs and dumped those on the floor.  When I pushed the stroller forward I managed to wrap a thong around the wheel of the stroller.  What an embarrassing mess!  I picked up all of the thongs and put them back on the table, but was unable to stay and neatly stack them for the sales lady since Aric was already reaching out for more underwear.  Thankfully the sales girl was nice about it when I informed her of the situation and apologized for my son's grabby hands.

Last night we had an appointment to have Aric and Kellyn's pictures taken at Sears.  We dressed them up, took them to Sears and it was a disaster.  My normally photogenic son cried when we put him down in the middle of the drape.  We were sitting nearby, but he just couldn't handle the new surroundings.  When he wasn't crying, Kellyn was.  It was actually pretty comical to behold.  Thankfully we took them to a place that is used to crying children.  It made choosing photos at the end rather easy, though.  We just chose the photos where they were crying the least!

No comments: