Saturday, November 14, 2009

Down

Ryan and I have been a little down the last few days.  We're both overwhelmed by parenting a newborn and a toddler on the verge in the midst of the terrible twos.  In addition we have so many decisions before us that we're going to have to make regarding Ryan's job, my job, moving, etc.  The stress levels are high at our house and sometimes it causes us to have senile moments.  Ryan swears it's the house, I think it's life.  Whatever it is we're both struggling.

I went to a daycare orientation class yesterday to see about the feasibility of opening an in-home daycare.  That is my greatest desire right now.  I would love to be able to stay home with our children and yet bring in an income.  I am not sure how that would work out, though.  We live in a very old farmhouse in the country.  While we have worked to ensure that our children are safe, I would have to go through an inspection by the fire marshal and the health department before they would allow me to obtain a license.  Then actually finding children to watch would be difficult since we live a little out of everyone's way.  I'm not completely throwing this option out of the window, but I'm not holding my breath that it is right for us at this point in time.

This week I've been in contact with Ms. Autumn, Aric's previous daycare provider.  I am waiting to find out if she's going to have any openings anytime in the near future.  Why would I need openings?  With Ryan's new job, working 6-4 probably isn't the best option for us.  Or I should clarify that by saying- finding childcare from 6pm-12pm is pretty impossible to find.  Ms. Autumn believes she'll have at least one opening by the end of the year, then it would be a matter of finding someone to watch Kellyn temporarily until there is another opening.

This will only be temporary because we believe we'll have to move closer to Ryan's job within the next year.  We live about 10 miles too far away from his new job.  A year will give us time to get our ducks in a row and figure out our next move.

And how is Ryan's new job going?  Frustrating.  Ryan was supposed to turn in a packet by yesterday to make it in time to attend two boards in December (all part of the hiring process in the military).  His recruiter told him yesterday that he (the recruiter) just didn't have time to get it all ready and turned in by the Monday deadline.  We were a little shocked and very frustrated.  Hopefully the recruiter will get the paperwork in time for the January boards at least.  There's a training class at the end of January that Ryan would like to make it in time for.  We shall see.

We know God is in complete control of everything and right now we're just waiting for Him to shed a little light onto everything and help us see the clear path through it all.

No comments: