Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's a Boy!

My long-awaited sonogram appointment was this morning. It was pretty nice. Ryan and I went to breakfast together before the appointment, which is something we rarely have the opportunity to do. It made the morning more enjoyable than it would have been since I had to drop him off at school afterwards.

The baby is doing really well. All of his organs and limbs are forming correctly and he looks like he should. We found out that we are having a boy. Ryan and I are both thrilled. The sonotech said that he weighs about 15 oz already (about 5 oz more than the average baby at his stage). She moved my due date up four days to June 15th, which happens to be my parent’s wedding anniversary. She also thouroughly checked my uterus and said that there is indeed only one baby inside.

It was an amazing experience and so neat to be able to see the baby moving. I really can’t wait to meet this little one.

No comments: