Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Frustrations are gone!

I was able to call our insurance company today and cancel our policy. It was incredibly exciting to do! The way that they have handled our claims is shocking. I am not sure how they even have any customers. The good news is that I can sign up for health insurance at my new job and there is no new employee waiting period. It is a much better policy and it will save us money every month. It is funny how excited I am by this.

The first day on the job was overwhelming. There is so much information to cover and I know it is only the tip of the iceberg. We were fingerprinted, given a whirlwind tour and bombarded with information. I should be memorizing local geography and ten-codes now since I will be tested over those next week. It is so much more fun to do this, though. Tonight I am going on a ride-along and then I will be bombarded with more information. At least I am not the only new person; there is another girl in the class with me. I just need to figure out the new shift/sleep schedule. I stayed up too late last night with my husband and he left early this morning waking me up before he departed. I am going to have to try to nap before I leave for work this afternoon or I will be yawning all night long!

No comments: