Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kellyn's Quilt

Kellyn's room is a work in progress.  I have a theme for it: fairy tale, but it has been a slow process bringing it together.  One thing that I finished this week was her quilt.


I found the fairytale fabric shortly after I finished Aric's room and I have based everything in her room around this fabric.  One of the quilting stores in town is eliminating their fabric section.  I went last week with Kellyn's quilt in mind and found exactly what I needed to make her quilt.  I spent the next few days cutting fabric squares and sewed it together over the weekend.  Apparently that's an insanely short amount of time to make a quilt from start to finish.  Once I get started on a project I tend to be driven.  It helps to have a husband who doesn't mind picking up some of the slack when I'm in project mode.

One of my favorite parts of the quilt; the fabric on the back is the same as the fabric on the front.


Now back to work on the rest of her room.

No comments: