Thursday, November 8, 2012

Interior Projects

This past spring/summer we tackled quite a few projects.  I wore my husband out.  He was in and out all summer long on different business trips.  Every time he returned I had something new for him to do.  He finally told me he was tired of going away, because when he returned there was too much for him to do.

One of my favorite projects was this table for our entry way:


I found the plans for it on Pinterest and loved the idea of having somewhere for everyone to store their mittens, hats, and whatever else in a somewhat organized fashion.  It has been finished for awhile.  I was waiting to take photos until we had baskets for it.  Those were harder to find.  The size was a bit odd and baskets aren't cheap.  I ended up ordering the baskets used by the person who made the plans.  They were finally on sale and had free shipping.  I snatched them up!




The runner on top is actually a Christmas runner made by one of my friends.  If you need quilts, home goods, kitchen towels, or other wonderful Christmas gifts stop by her shop.  She is always coming up with the cutest things.

Our other big project was downstairs.  Ryan needed more shelving for his ever expanding collection of glasses.  He made more floating shelves to match the other ones.




As you can see, his man cave is overtaken with toys and my Sweat Shoppe.  It makes me feel bad sometimes.  Maybe that's why I recently bought him more pictures for his man cave.



I thought they added a little something to the wall.  It's still a work in progress.  We know the wall needs more things, but we are taking our time with it.

That concludes our projects inside the house.  The outside is a whole other post.  I'm hoping sometime this winter to tackle this last part of our basement: 

 
It's kind of bare and neglected.  Maybe more shelves, pictures, and who knows what else.

No comments: