Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life

I have been a bit remiss in updating my blog, but truthfully my schedule has been full, my life is a bit stressful and some things have to go. It's kind of funny but the person who complains the most about my lack of posts is my husband. He wonders how he's supposed to know what's going on in my life if I don't update my blog regularly. (I'm glad I married someone who can always find ways to make me laugh.)

Two weekends ago Ryan and I had an appointment to look at three houses. I didn't really want to go. Ryan scheduled one house that he had already seen, a house he wanted to see, and a third house that the realtor had as one of their listings. We liked the third house and made an offer on it. After counter bids, learning quite a bit about buying a house, and scrambling to finish our loan pre-approval (thankfully we have a super speedy bank), we made an offer on the house that the sellers agreed to. While it's not our dream house and not in our dream location it's a fantastic first home and we're pretty excited about it. I've already been dreaming about paint colors and decorating ideas, two things that really make my creative juices flow. After living in boring white walls all of my life, I'm ready to branch out. We close on the house mid-December and will move in January since I still plan on working until Dec. 31. Ryan and I are excited about having a new house and neither one of us can wait to move. In the meantime we'll be sorting through our stuff, packing and getting rid of junk. I'm hoping to be quite tough about keeping things, I really want to de-clutter our lives and house.

Aric is doing... well, two-year-old-things. Did you know if you search "how to remove coins from a car CD player" multiple results will return? Yes, my two year old stuck spare change into my car CD player slot and now it won't read a CD. Thank you, Aric. I think the monetary amount calculated for how much it costs to raise a child until 18 is really a calculation for how much it costs to replace/fix the things they break. That child owes me a front quarter panel and a CD player for my car.

Kellyn is walking, chattering, teething, dragging baby dolls around the house and trying to do everything Aric does. She's a bit strong-willed and has started throwing herself down on the floor when she's upset. I think we're going to have our hands full with that one!

And that describes our life lately. We're busy with buying a house, thinking about moving and dealing with work, two active toddlers and everything else that life is throwing our way.

1 comment:

Carmen said...

Hey! Thanks for the update. I'm sad we haven't connected recently. We've been a bit out of pocket, but let's make it happen soon. Congrats on the house! I'm excited for you to get to be creative with it.