Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Little Acrobat

Is it wrong to be a little disappointed that the baby turned and is now head down? The doctor and I were a little disappointed that he had flipped. It takes away the ease of having a scheduled c-section. I am still going to be scheduled for an induction. I actually missed the phone call from the scheduler early this afternoon. She was looking at a time around the 11th. Hopefully I can reconnect with her soon and get something down in the books. Tomorrow I have another ultrasound. This one is solely to measure the baby and see how big he has grown in the last four and a half weeks. Unless there is a problem with his size, or I go into labor early my induction date won’t change. I guess I should be satisfied to know that I won’t be still pregnant on my due date.

I am ready for the baby to come. I set up the bassinet yesterday in our bedroom. We’ll probably keep him there for the first couple of weeks with us. Our lack of central air issues are going to cause his sleeping arrangements to be changed a little bit this summer. Hopefully he is a little flexible with that! I have my hospital bag packed, except for the last minute items. His room is all set up and waiting for him. I even had my hair cut and colored today. Now I won’t need to deal with that for another two months. A part of me wishes that I had started my maternity leave early, but another part of me is glad that I will have work to keep me occupied for the next couple of weeks. My dad wasn’t kidding when he said “Pregnancy is divided into two equal halves: the first eight months and the last month.”

No comments: